2015: Palm Springs Lions Foundation established.
Palm Springs Lions Club
The Palm Springs Lions Club was established in the spring of 1937. Since then it has provided a wide range services to the community. We do more than provide eye exams and eyeglasses for the youth of the Coachella Valley. We provide free vision clinics for people of all ages. The value of these services is over $60,000 each year. We award students with citizenship awards and scholarship to high school graduates to allow them to continue their education. We provide outreach to other organizations and groups. That's because we help where help is needed in or communities.
To provide assistance for the visually impaired and support the youth and community programs throughout the Coachella Valley.
To assist the citizens of the Coachella Valley by improving the quality of life in our communities.
March 3, 1937. The Club received its charter with Raymond Cree as President. It was the first service club in Palm Springs.
1938: The Club made its first citizenship award to the outstanding boy and girl of the graduation class of Francis Stevens Elementary School.
1939-40: Major Club project was the purchase of Palm Springs' first ambulance.
1946: Major Club project was the building of the first tennis courts for the Palm Springs High School
1946: We purchased our first guide dog. It was given to a young girl who was blind.
2014: Palm Valley Leo Club established